7th week (June the 27th to July the 1st) : AT THE LAST MINUTE
A final classified growth entered our 2021 selection this week:
• Margaux : Marquis d'Alesme
Château Marquis d'Alesme, the 3rd Grand Cru Classé of Margaux, is the flagship of the Perrodo family's properties in Margaux (Ch. Labégorce since 1989 and Ch. La Tour de Mons in 2019). With a vineyard of only 15 hectares, surrounded by the care of a motivated team and equipped with state-of-the-art technical equipment (vat room and cellar), Marquis d'Alesme is today a wine to be considered among its Margaux counterparts, especially as its price (€34.50 ex VAT in 2021) has remained very reasonable.
6th week (June the 20th to the 24th) : FINAL ROUND
Two last vintages of the Thienpont family have closed this week the marketing of the Bordeaux 2021 :
• Pomerol : Vieux Château Certan, Le Pin
From now on, the 2021 Bordeaux wines will leave the bosom of the properties that gave them birth and go out into the world to conquer their markets. We are sure that they will easily find their place thanks to the qualities of freshness, elegance and moderate alcohol that differentiate them from the latest Bordeaux vintages.
5th week (June the 13th to the 17th) : BOILING HOT
A very busy week with 54 châteaux selected, so much so that now all the 2021 classified growths on the left bank as well as in Saint-Émilion are present (the only thing missing is the latecomers from the right bank who were not involved in the Union des Grands Crus tour in the U.S.A. from 23 to 30 June):
• Bordeaux dry white : Virginie de Valandraud, Clémentin de Pape-Clément, Valandraud, Aile d'Argent, Domaine de Chevalier, Pape-Clément, Smith Haut Lafitte, Cos d'Estournel
• Graves / Pessac-Léognan : Clémentin de Pape-Clément, Haut-Bailly II, Domaine de Chevalier, La Chapelle de la Mission Haut-Brion, Pape-Clément, Smith Haut Lafitte, Haut-Bailly, Le Clarence de Haut-Brion, Les Carmes Haut-Brion, La Mission Haut-Brion, Haut-Brion
• Médoc / Moulis / Listrac : Madame de Beaucaillou, G d'Estournel
• Margaux : Durfort-Vivens organic, Pavillon Rouge, Margaux
• Saint-Julien : Sarget de Gruaud, Le Petit Ducru, Gloria, La Croix Ducru-Beaucaillou, Saint-Pierre, Gruaud-Larose, Ducru-Beaucaillou
• Pauillac : Le Petit Mouton, Mouton-Rothschild
• Saint-Estèphe : Le Marquis de Calon Ségur, Les Pagodes de Cos, Calon Ségur, Cos d'Estournel
• Pomerol : Clos l'Église, Clinet, La Conseillante, L'Église-Clinet, La Violette
• Saint-Émilion : Côte de Baleau, Virginie de Valandraud, Le Dragon de Quintus, Les Grandes Murailles, Larcis Ducasse, Pavie Macquin, Quintus, Clos Fourtet, Valandraud, L'If, le Dôme, Figeac
June the 15th : OUTSIDE BORDEAUX
• Domaine Jean Chartron - White from the Côte de Beaune area: With temperatures reaching -7°C in places, the frost of 6-7-8 April 2021 had a heavy impact on the Côte de Beaune in general and on the vineyard of Domaine Chartron in particular. With 60% less harvest, Jean-Michel Chartron has decided to wait until the end of the maturing process to know exactly what his (thin) production is and exceptionally to put it on sale after bottling. See you in autumn 2023.
• Tardieu-Laurent - White from the Rhône Valley :
4 northern wines : Crozes-Hermitage V.V, Saint-Joseph V.V (new), Condrieu, Hermitage.
1 meridional wines : Châteauneuf du Pape V.V
•Tardieu-Laurent - Red from the Rhône Valley :
5 northern wines : Crozes-Hermitage V.V, Saint-Joseph V.V, Cornas, Côte-Rotie V.V, Hermitage.
6 meridional wines : Côtes du Rhône Cuvée Spéciale, Rasteau V.V, Vacqueyras V.V, Gigondas V.V, Châteauneuf du Pape V.V, Châteauneuf du Pape Cuvée Spéciale.
1 Provence : Bandol
• Dominio de Pingus - Red from Ribera del Duero : PSI, Flor de Pingus organic, Pingus organic
4th week (June the 6th to the 10th) : IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CAMPAIN
The Primeurs 2021 campaign is in full swing with no less than 33 wines selected this week, from all appellations and at all levels of the hierarchy (from Peyrou to Ausone):
3rd week (May the 30th to June the 3rd) : SPEED UP
With 34 wines selected, this week marks the ramp-up of the 2021 Futures, both in terms of quantity and quality of the châteaux:
2nd week (May the 23rd to 27th) : SHORT WEEK
Interrupted by the Ascension holiday, this short week nevertheless saw the release of significant vintages:
1st week (May the 16th to 20th) : KICK OFF
With some thirty wines on the market, including some of the greatest (Cheval Blanc, Léoville Las Cases), this week kicks off the Primeurs 2021 campaign: