The particular circumstances of the marketing of the 2019 vintage are clearly impacting the price of Bordeaux wines while the quality is there.
Before the start of the "Primeurs 2019" campaign, we are pleased to give you hereafter our information on the meteorological course of the 2019 vintage in the Gironde and its qualitative impact.
Covid-19 continues to spread in Europe, with its share of human and economic devastation:
- First of all, the whole team of Maison Dubecq wishes you to get through this serious and unprecedented ordeal as well as possible.
- All the presentations of the 2019 vintage scheduled in Bordeaux for the press and professional buyers during the week of March 30 to April 3 have been ajourned sine die.
- Depending on the evolution of the pandemic, these presentations and following the 2019 en primeur campaign will not take place before next June at the earliest.
- Even if the Bordeaux region is not (so far) the most affected, we have taken all the necessary measures internally (travel restrictions, teleworking, etc.) to ensure the continuity of our services.
- We are likely to have a reduced staff during the coming weeks and thank you for your understanding on the possible unavailability of some of your usual contacts who will be replaced by their colleagues present. If you are unable to reach us by telephone, please leave us your message or request by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- As the routing and deliveries of road carriers are becoming more or less random, we have suspended all our shipments until further notice. Orders received will be confirmed by e-mail but will only be dispatched once the situation has returned to normal (beginning of May?). You will be contacted before shipment to collect your delivery instructions according to the circumstances of the moment. At your best convenience, we may postpone the shipment of your order for several weeks or months at no charge.
- finally, a special thought for all those who, whatever the evolution of Covid-19 in their region or country, must and will have to work in the vineyard because the vine doesn't wait (the budburst has started).