With 35,000 wines tasted and 8,000 wines selected, this guide stands out for its comments on "small" wines that cannot be found in any other book. Taking all French regions together, Hachette has awarded more than 500 favourites this year, including :
Bordeaux (without mentioning the countless classified growths honoured):
- PETIT VERDOT by Belle-Vue 2018, a single-varietal wine from Ch. Belle-Vue in Haut-Médoc,
- HAUT-CARLES 2018, a top-of-the-range wine from Ch. de Carles in Fronsac,
- Ch. DALEM 2018, in Fronsac, a regular favourite with a 4th in 5 years!
- Ch. SOCIANDO-MALLET 2018, stainless standard-bearer of the northern Médoc for 40 years,
- Ch. POUJEAUX 2018, the most distinguished and the most Saint-Julien of the Moulis.
- Domaine Françoise ANDRÉ, two simultaneous favourites for its Beaune Bélissand 1er cru white 2018 and its Corton-Charlemagne grand cru white 2018.
- Domaine de l'ARLOT, for its Nuits-Saint-Georges Clos de l'Arlot 1er cru white 2019.
- Charles HEIDSIECK, two simultaneous favourites for the Rosé Millésimé 2008 and the Blanc de Blancs non millésimé.
- Domaine de l'OSTAL, or the exuberance of the Minervois tamed by Bordeaux (Lynch-Bages property), a favourite for its Grand Vin 2018.
From Monday 2 August to Monday 30 August, the Maison Dubecq adopts a summer rhythm:
- catalogue orders (available vintages): as our cellars in Bordeaux and Libourne are closed during the month of August, we will resume shipments on Monday 30 August (except in case of strong heat).
- "Primeurs 2020" reservations: the Primeurs 2020 campaign remains open, with 180 wines still available to date. Reservations continue to be recorded in order of arrival and pro forma confirmation invoices will be sent to you as soon as our offices reopen on Monday 30 August.
The "Futures 2020" period has just started at the beginning of May and we expect the offers from the different châteaux to follow one another until the end of June.
You can find the most recent releases as well as our news and mood posts in the "Latest News" section.