Maison Dubecq remains open without interruption during the holidays.
However, on Friday 24 December and Friday 31 December, our offices will exceptionally close at 4pm.
We wish you a very happy Christmas and New Year, filled with beautiful discoveries and great moments of tasting!
Château Mouton-Rothschild has just unveiled the label for its 2019 vintage, designed by Danish and Icelandic artist Olafur Eliasson.
Inspired by a solar diagram, the work evokes the nycthemeral rhythms and the path of the sun in relation to the Earth. It is based on the exact cartography of sunrises and sunsets, recorded during a whole year at Ch. Mouton-Rothschild.
With 35,000 wines tasted and 8,000 wines selected, this guide stands out for its comments on "small" wines that cannot be found in any other book. Taking all French regions together, Hachette has awarded more than 500 favourites this year, including :
Bordeaux (without mentioning the countless classified growths honoured):
- PETIT VERDOT by Belle-Vue 2018, a single-varietal wine from Ch. Belle-Vue in Haut-Médoc,
- HAUT-CARLES 2018, a top-of-the-range wine from Ch. de Carles in Fronsac,
- Ch. DALEM 2018, in Fronsac, a regular favourite with a 4th in 5 years!
- Ch. SOCIANDO-MALLET 2018, stainless standard-bearer of the northern Médoc for 40 years,
- Ch. POUJEAUX 2018, the most distinguished and the most Saint-Julien of the Moulis.
- Domaine Françoise ANDRÉ, two simultaneous favourites for its Beaune Bélissand 1er cru white 2018 and its Corton-Charlemagne grand cru white 2018.
- Domaine de l'ARLOT, for its Nuits-Saint-Georges Clos de l'Arlot 1er cru white 2019.
- Charles HEIDSIECK, two simultaneous favourites for the Rosé Millésimé 2008 and the Blanc de Blancs non millésimé.
- Domaine de l'OSTAL, or the exuberance of the Minervois tamed by Bordeaux (Lynch-Bages property), a favourite for its Grand Vin 2018.